H. QUYNH NGUYEN: 365 Days Project | Part 28

Friday, 30 June 2017

365 Days Project | Part 28


236/365, 24h To Take: So I spontanously participated in the 24h To Take film competition where the premise was to create a short film with a predetermined title and three objects (this year: radio, receipt bill, paper airplane) in twenty-four hours. In retrospect, I would change up a lot, so I’m pretty dissatisfied with everything, but you know, 24h limits you a lot too. A friend had to convince me to publish it since I'm really not liking it myself (click). But films are made to be seen, no matter how good or bad they are. Remind me for the next time that I shouldn't make films alone.


237/365, June: I thought that after my internship I would have so much time to spend and nothing to worry about for the next few months before moving and going to uni, but I thought wrong and thus here I am still working and organizing projects. I don't know how to feel about it if I'm being honest because those are things that are exhausting and stressful but also things I'm passionate about or things I'm plainly interested in. I can't really comprehend the effect they'll have on me right now, like don't I need some time to rest? This is kinda confusing.


238/365, Gigi: Having this strong urge recently that my photography is about to evolve but I'm feeling like it's restrained by my fear to ask people if they want to be part of my experiments in style (= mostly pictures of myself that I don't like). Thanks again for Gigi here who volunteered to get in front of my camera and made me realize that I'm the only one holding myself down. I'm really fighting with my self-perception currently.


239, 240/365, Blossoming: "I want to do things for people they will never forget. Maybe that’s the best thing I can do in life."


241/365, Who: It's weird because I feel like I am currently in midst of a changing phase. Not the slow, subtle kind of change that I felt during the last months. More like the change that happens over night and makes you want to press the PAUSE key because you don't know what's happening. That's how I'm feeling right now. It's really hard for me to create during this time. The art I make is dissatisfying because I know that it represents the person I was before but not the person I am now.

NOTES:
I'm going to get the film of my disposable camera developed and hope that the photos on there will be somewhat okay to be the next part of this project. I can't believe I could say this so soon but I'm currently earning some money with filmmaking and started working on the animated short film I planned to do for months now but never got the time until now. There are also some side projects I can't talk about just yet (because they aren't set in stone at this point) but I'm still figuring everything out, so yeah, nothing much to tell here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - du hast einen Film in 24 Stunden aus dem Nichtgs gezaubert? Respekt! Da kann man natürlich nicht alles so umsetzen, wie man das mit mehr Zeit getan hätte... Sei da nicht zu streng mit dir oder sieh es vielleicht als Anreiz, den Film mit mehr Zeit noch mal umzusetzen.
    Ich werde dein Filmchen auf jeden Fall noch ansehen und bin mir sicher, dass es nicht schlecht sein wird :)

    Ich habe auch immer das Problem, dass ich Dinge zwar gerne mache, aber mich das dann stresst... Momentan bin ich eigentlich mit der Schule und meinem Pony mehr als ausgelastet, aber trotzdem mag ich meinen Blog nicht hinten anstellen und leide daher vor mich hin unter Stress und Schlafmangel :(
    Ich hoffe, du genießt deine Projekte und alles!

    Warum steht der Text zu 239 / 240 in Anfürhungszeichen? Ich denke mir sowas in der Art auch öfter mal - aber dann fühle ich mich immer so nutzlos, weil ich nicht weiß, was ich für andere tun könnte.

    Ich mag das Gefühl, mich schlagartig zu ändern, im Gegensatz zu dir ganz gerne... Ich hoffe, dass es auch dir mit der Veränderung bald besser geht. Das Foto 241 ist übrigens mein absoluter Favorit in diesem Post :)

    Freut mich, dass du mit deinen wundervollen Filmen nun auch Geld verdienen kannst. Das hast du dir einfach verdient!

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Die Anführungszeichen stehen dafür, dass es ein Zitat ist! Ich hab aber leider keine richtige Quelle zu gefunden, also nur das Zitat.

      Das Gefühl, sich schlagartig zu ändern ist komisch, weil man plötzlich jemand anderes ist und nicht genau weiß, wie man damit umgehen soll. Ich muss mich noch ein bisschen eingewöhnen, um kein merkwürdiges Gefühl mehr zu haben, aber es das Gefühl ist positiv, auch wenn ein bisschen verwirrend.

      <3

      Delete