H. QUYNH NGUYEN: 365 Days Project | Part 27

Friday, 2 June 2017

365 Days Project | Part 27


229/365, Dear Past Self: We learn from history that we do not learn from history.
- Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel 

230/365, Test Shot: Currently trying to capture my life in a video, stepping outside my comfort zone in talking in front of a camera. Who would have known I'd be doing this. Who would have known I'd be failing this hard.


231/365, Lactose: Again, so much time has passed since the last photo for this project and I'm now in the situation where I almost cry on a daily basis because I'm so grateful and happy and can't believe this time is ending soon and everyone at work is so emotional too. The film festival was amazing, exhausting but the best thing that happened to me since my best summer in 2015. I cannot fathom what happened, it was too much.


232/365, Tribute: To a kind of similar photo I took that will be screened at the Rostocker Horizonte photo event on the 16th of June (on the beach) - maybe some of you will be there? I don't know if it's only gonna be that one photo or more, but I guess I'll get surprised.


233/365, Deleted: Well, I actually deleted this one because I didn't like it that much but I need to fill this post before all the events happen, so here it is. Still don't know how to feel about it.


234/365, It's okay: I've been spending much time with this pretty girl lately, including a lot of talking about life and love and future and confusion and everything really. I know she's struggling with life at the moment but I just wanted to say that I am so, so, so grateful that I got to know her during these last weeks and I definitely will miss her lots and lots when she's going back to Denmark (or which path she'll decide to go). She's been documenting her year in Germany on her blog here, in case someone's interested.


235/356, Seaside: Thanks to my sister's boyfriend for snapping this picture for us.

NOTES:
Yup, I'm currently a hopeless lover of that fake film grain you guys, I'm sorry. Also, a film I made the animation for (plus a few films I supported during or before the shoot) will be screened at this festival on the 15th June. I unfortunately can't make it myself but it would mean a lot for our team if many people came, so in case anyone is around. And yeah, the photo festival I was talking about, the day after, don't miss that too. I officially finished up my internship. Have a few film jobs coming up for the next months now (will save some of the money for the budget of a new short film of mine). Will work on several short films (not mine). Will also work on a personal (probably animated) film project. Will try raising money with some fellow artists. Will travel to Italy and will visit (internet) friends in Germany. Will find a flat to live in (hopefully) and will move cities. I'm excited for this summer, I hope you are too! ☀

6 comments:

  1. Liebe Quynh,
    was du zum Bild 231 schreibst, freut mich unheimlich. Vor Freude zu weinen, ist einfach nur schön. Ich weiß gar nicht mehr, wann mir das das letzte Mal passiert ist...
    Cool, dass Bilder von dir beim Rostocker Horizonte zu sehen sind... und schade, dass das eindeutig zu weit zu fahren für mich wäre. Außerdem feier ich da meinen Geburtstag mit Freundinnen...

    Deinen Gesichtsausdruck auf 233 kann ich irgendwie nicht so recht deuten... was wolltest du ausdrücken?

    Deine Sommerpläne klingen ja echt aufregend - ich wünsche dir eine wundervolle Zeit!

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ach, bei mir ist das wahrscheinlich keine große Sache - ich bin ein krass emotionaler Typ und fang manchmal auch an zu weinen, wenn mir jemand ein süßes Hundefoto schickt, haha. Der einzige Unterschied jetzt ist dass es so oft passiert.

      Ach schade, aber dann wünsche ich euch natürlich eine wundervolle Geburtstagsfeier!

      Der Gesichtsausdruck auf 233 sollte eigentlich nur emotionslos sein, aber dadurch dass ich nur einmal dieses Foto machen und dabei meine Augen nicht zu weit öffnen wollte (man sollte ja eigentlich Augenkontakt mit dem Scannerlicht unbedingt vermeiden), ist es das Bild geworden. :D

      Ich danke dir, und ebenso!

      Delete
  2. Ich liebe diesen Post (wie eigentlich alle aus der Reihe)!
    Hab einen schönen Tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me do you know that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that but much love to you!!

      Delete