H. QUYNH NGUYEN: 365 Days Project | Part 7

Tuesday, 14 June 2016

365 Days Project | Part 7


027/365, Return: This photo was taken in Berlin when we waited for our bus to bring us home. I don't know why they had so much energy left and I also don't know where my focus point went, but it was a good day to end this trip.


028/365, Time-Out: How happy I was to be home again. I was so tired and did'nt want to do anything. Spent the next day sleeping, restoring, eating and enjoying my alone time. Nothing special, just living.


029/365, Nerd: There are too many things I want to do on a regular basis and I got not enough time to do so. One of the things is reading books. Feels like an eternity that I've read a book recently and this bugs me so much. I wish I had only a few interests and would do them excessively. I want to do so much at the same time. Also, I'm never as good as I want to be at things because I can't stick with one activity. Aka: My current crisis.




030, 031, 032/365, Selfportrait: The first time I failed at taking a photo every day. I missed the 30th day when I was waiting for the darkness outside to come (I fell asleep). I was so disappointed by myself when I woke up the next day but then figured something out: Every time I miss a day, I need to do a photo series to catch up. In my opinion, a series is harder to accomplish because you need to figure out everything beforehand, so all pictures will come together. This will be kind of a punishment thus but it's also giving me more ways to creativity. I wanted to do a three part series for this time, so I waited another day to do it. I always cut my hair short when I have personally changed (in a way that altered my personality rootedly), so new self-portraits were needed.


033/365, Relapse: The night before I had to go to school again (after an eternity felt like) and I had the déjà-vu of studying the night before a test again because studying itself was the homework and I didn't do it the days before of course (typical me). School just gives me this anxious vibe and my body tries to push all that back to the last minute where I can't push it anymore. Anyway, the thing is I just gonna be so damn relieved when I don't have to go back to that hell again. Period.


034/365, Anxiety: I'm sorry that my pictures convey a negative mood at the moment but that's just what's happening. My last exam is in two weeks which is also gonna be oral and that makes me so nervous since that's supposed to be the worst exam but the other exams already went really bad, so this will go even worse? Hell no, please.


035/365, Caged: I can't even go outside currently (or open my window) because my hay fever kills me a little more every time I do. I feel caged. This project got a bit dark lately but I swear, this will pass. It always does. Also, I got the best support by the best people.


036/365, Nights Of Voids: I feel like really inspired at the moment but I am simultanously scared to begin because there is this feeling of never being good enough and so I spend the nights staring into the void trying to figure out what to do.

NOTES:
It is weird looking back at these pictures while many days has passed and many things has changed. Maybe this is what the project is all about - capturing a moment, an emotion rather than creating a picture. At least, this is what photography has always meant to me and I really like the idea of having those for every day of a year. Nevertheless, I need to catch up with my photos. I already decided that I'm not gonna post every picture on Instagram anymore because people wouldn't understand the meaning of an apparent daily snap. Also, I kinda solved the problem with the different display colours in taking the other half of the editing to my phone. Things are slowly falling into place.

11 comments:

  1. Ich habe das Gefühl, dass die Bilder immer besser werden!
    (Und meinen Respekt, dass du das Projekt noch nicht aufgegeben hast)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke dir! Und ja, mir gefallen meine momentanen Bilder auch mehr als die am Anfang und ich hoffe, das wird auch so weiter gehen. :)

      Delete
  2. Von mir auch großen Respekt, dass du es bis hier her bereits durchgezogen hast!
    Und mach auch weiter so, schau mir deine Bilder immer sehr gerne an.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, das freut mich immer unglaublich zu hören, vielen Dank!

      Delete
  3. wow, was soll ich sagen, kann mich den anderen nur anschließen: super gute Bilder, mit vieeeeel Charakter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. die Bilder sind so ausdurcksstark!! genial echt :)
    finde es cool, dass du das Projekt so gut durchziehst!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ich mag deine Bilder - deine Kunst - so arg gerne. Es sind halt wirklich nicht nur Abbilder von irgendetwas, sondern sie transportieren Gefühle und haben Bedeutung und das finde ich so so so schön. Du bist ein großes Vorbild für mich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bitte waaas? Wow, das sind schon krasse Worte, vielen Dank!

      Delete
    2. Krasse Worte, aber sie sind einfach wahr. Gerne ♥

      Delete