H. QUYNH NGUYEN: Dammit gurl, the thousandth time.

Thursday, 28 April 2016

Dammit gurl, the thousandth time.


It feels like I've created a new blog for the thousandth time now. And here I am, back to Blogspot. Why? Okay, let me explain this. I left Blogspot because I felt like it wasn't the place I wanted to spend time at - not anymore at least. It was a place of my teenage self. The thoughts of a girl who was trying to cope with the world as she grew up while realizing that it doesn't only consist of wild fantasies and limitless chocolate. So I wrote a lot to process everything that life threw at me and someday I just noticed that I changed a lot. Too much to stay and try to live up to a person that I wasn't anymore. Therefore I switched to Tumblr because it looked like a platform with a greater volume and impact. And it definitely is. BUT. I discovered that this is not what I wanted. It felt just weird seeing my posts floating around other blogs and finding them coming back to my own dashboard because someone else reblogged them (let alone the jerks that were deleting credits). Don't get me wrong, it was nice to receive such great responses but it was also like my own posts are slowly becoming estranged and this is really not what I intended. In the end, I do this all for myself. My writings, photographs, films - they are reflecting me and I just don't like the idea of them being used to promote someone else if that makes sense.

However, I am back now. With a new blog, a new start and as the person I am right now. I am going to graduate from high school in a few months and a lot will change for sure but this time my blog will grow with me, no matter what. So the question of what I'm going to post was one I thought a lot about during these last days (in which I rather should have studied for my finals, but nah) and I came to the decision that this blog will be focusing on my photography with influence of my writings because I want to start the 365 days photo challenge soon which will be the toughest. I want to write about my experience during it and see me progress (hopefully). The texts will be thus longer but I really want to put effort and passion in this. I want to capture every feeling and emotion. (Btw, that's Paul on the picture above. I did a series with him concerning his self-doubts but I probably won't publish it on here since I don't like the pictures that much anymore. You can still find them on my Instagram if you like tho.)

This blog will be written in English mainly as you can tell. The reason is simple - I want that everyone is able to have access to explanations and my thoughts on things. My friends here in Germany just like my family in Vietnam or my penpals around the world (or any other people out there ofc) should be able to experience this with me. I know that my English level is not that up there with my German skills but I hope I'll be equally fluent in both of them someday. However, there probably will be German posts anyway since I'm not able to express everything in English like I want to, so yeah.

And yes, it hasn't changed. The blogger community is still dying but I also don't care anymore really. Let's just get everyone together who's still here and make it cozy because I ain't moving. Small groups are the closest anyway.

13 comments:

  1. Ich will dich für den letzten Abschnitt umarmen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, ich habe deinen alten blog schon sehr gemocht und habe mich sehr gefreut, als ich gesehen habe, dass du weitermachst. und ich mag deine erklärung sehr gerne, weil ich glaube, dass jeder, der schon mal einen blog angefangen hat, irgendwann einmal die selben Gedanken und Zweifel hatte. Oder zumindest konnte ich mich stark darin wiederfinden.
    Und besonders den letzten Abschnitt fand ich großartig: also ich bin dabei;)
    Ich freue mich auf, alles was du hier mit uns noch teilen möchten wirst und wünsche dir ganz viel Spaß dabei.
    Liebst, Carolin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ein ganz großes Dankeschön für deine Unterstützung. Ich bin sehr zuversichtlich und freue mich sehr darauf - hab das ganze hier doch irgendwie schon vermisst.

      Delete
  3. Freut mich, dass du wieder bloggst. Das mit der Blogger Community ist irgendwie schon schade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, ist es schon. Aber so ist das wohl mit allen Seiten. Es hat seine Hochs und danach wird es von etwas anderem ersetzt. Wandel der Zeit. Machen wir einfach das Beste draus. :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh ich freu mich soo!! Willkommen zurück! Ich konnte es gar nicht glauben, als dein Blog plötzlich wieder in meiner Bloglovin Liste erschienen ist :D Yeah :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, wusste gar nicht, dass noch Leute Bloglovin benutzen, haha. Aber yeah, ich freu mich auch!

      Delete
    2. jaja, irgendwie schon :D Wahrscheinlich einfach deshalb, weil ich zu faul bin, mich mit den Alternativen auseinanderzusetzen und es ganz praktisch ist, das immer weiter zu benutzen :D

      Delete
  5. Hab grad deinen Blog gefunden und ich kann deine Gedanken irgendwie nachvollziehen!
    Ich find toll was du vor hast und die Bilder, die ich hier schon sehen durfte haben mich umgehauen!!!
    Ich will definitiv mehr sehen und by the way ist das der erste Blogpost den ich mir auf englisch bis zum Ende reingezogen habe :D

    Liebst, Nele
    nureinfoto.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, dann fühl ich mich ja geehrt, haha. Ich hoffe, das Lesen hat sich für dich gelohnt. :D

      Delete